For EU Passport AND visa (both student and work) holders
The large majority of our staff are fully invested in the E.Z. World Academy volunteer exchange program (More details HERE).
E.Z. Town is our special once-a-year event. It’s the most dynamic and innovative English immersion summer day camp between Madrid and Barcelona.
What 2018 Staff are saying…
First of all, it’s important to look back on last summer. When given an open-ended question during our individual debrief about what 3 things STAFF liked the most, every staff member highlighted at least:
- The freedom to teach/lead the way we like/share ideas and
- The team being cohesive, equals, and how we complemented each other so well.
2018 TEAM IMPACT
According to parents who completed the post-camp survey, 80% of campers either spoke or sang in English at home as a DIRECT result of E.Z. Town, while the majority of the rest of the campers already did!
It’s common to find teachers in Spain manage their classrooms through fear, negative reinforcement and following the book (“turn to the next page”), therefore as staff, we have such a great opportunity here to teach English in a personalized, fun and loving way. We offer your typical summer camp games (sports, dance, arts and crafts, drama, live music, simulations, etc.), but most importantly we emphasize positive reinforcement, teamwork, respect and the attempt to use the foreign language. Our hashtag is #welovemistakes
The campers are children aged 6-13 while the Counselors In Training (C.I.T.s) range from 14-17 years old. C.I.T.s have the unique opportunity to work closely with the staff, and similarly are recipients of a phenomenal English immersion experience. The goal for C.I.T.s is to train them to become hired counselors. Overall English levels vary, but are generally quite low therefore the joy and security that these kids experience are so important. Groups can range from 5-12 campers at a time depending on the activity. We are looking to have 60 campers, 8 C.I.T.s and 10 staff. Scholarships are awarded each summer.
Camp is located on a multi-adventure ranch, outlined by trees and a creek, with enclosed areas for animals (horses, goats, cows, pigs, rabbits, etc.). The ranch is La Esgaravita.
DATES AND TIMES:
This year, E.Z. Town staff orientation is scheduled to run ONLINE between April – June and in-person starting on June 28th, 2019 in the evening. Campers will be present July 1-5 and 8-12.
- Summer camp experience
- 2+ years teaching/tutoring
- TEFL/CELTA certificate preferred
- ESL/ELL experience preferred
- Plan and lead activities based on your strengths, talents and passions. These may include but are not limited to: dancing, sports/team games, theater, arts and crafts, music/singing, simulations, yoga/meditation, photography, journalism, nature, treasure hunts, something with animals, water games, and more.
- Do whatever is necessary to ensure a SAFE, FUN, VALUES-DRIVEN, ENGLISH IMMERSION, and IMPACTFUL experience.
- Encourage and award the use of English and correct English by using positive reinforcement
- Collaborate to create a positive, warm and loving environment for staff, campers and parents
- Actively participate in all meetings prior, during and after E.Z. Town
If you are an EU passport holder and reside in and around the Alcalá de Henares/Madrid area, you will receive a contract based on skills and experiences.
If you reside anywhere else around the world and are participating in the exchange program
All expenses covered such as room and board!
- Homestay with a local adult family because quite honestly that’s the best way to truly build your Spanish skills and learn about the local culture.
- All meals during programmed time such as at your homestay, at camp and during team outtings.
Spanish immersion classes with a highly qualified, native Spanish speaker from Alcalá de Henares!
- Online 1:1 classes prior to arrival so that you’re ready to go with your Castillian Spanish and the”theta”.
- In-person classes throughout camp.
Professional development to leave a better ESL/ELL and overall educator!
- A high-quality, dynamic and diverse team of educators.
- Network with people from around the world.
APPLY BY APRIL 14TH, 2019 BY SENDING:
- Your resume/CV along with 2 references that I may contact AND…
- A fun video “cover letter” where you are trying to convince the campers, C.I.T.s and parents that you would make a great staff member! You may want to include why you’re interested in working with us, what you bring to the table (skill sets and passions) and more about you that might not be on your “traditional” resume.
- This video is just for me (Eric), and helps me put the puzzle pieces together to build the right team, however, just as a heads up, if you are accepted, you’ll have the option of also including your video in our “Meet the team” resources for campers, C.I.T.s and families. A double whammy!
- In case the video size is overwhelming, some recommendations for sharing the video are to; upload it directly to Youtube with a private link, Google Drive share, and WeTransfer.
From there we’ll have a short 45 minute Q&A video conference over Zoom (with me – Eric).
Some helpful links:
- What staff was saying back in 2017 about their volunteer experiences!
- Website describing E.Z. Town summer camp
- Learn more about the Director Eric with his own video resume/CV applying from a few years ago.
- Our FB ACADEMY, FB CAMP, IG, Twitter and our YOUTUBE Channel (recommended!)
- Hilarious video of a Simulation from year 1 going through airport security where Jorge (blonde) look like he actually feels like this isn’t so much a simulation!
Please let me know what questions you might have. If you know someone interested in this opportunity and/or just interested in learning Spanish now or in the future, please connect us!
Can’t wait to connect with you!
Contact person: Eric Poris | email@example.com | tlf: +34 639 844 394